Monday, July 26, 2010

I could cry over the cost of MILK

We have been bless for awhile to be able to buy 2 litres of milk for $2.50. Where many other bottles of milk cost between $3 to almost $5. But this week I had a fright our cheapest place to get milk is now selling it for $2.80. It's still cheaper the $3, but it is almost there. We use to spend $10 a week on milk, now it will go up to $11.20. Now I do try to stretch our milk with a mix of milk powder, water and milk, but now might be the time to research. See if it is still the cheapest place to get milk, and how far can I stretch our milk?
Milk is a daily part of our diet. We have it with our cereal ( I had it with my porridge this morning), with our hot drinks, even in our baking it can be added. It's also used in making our cheese sauce for homemade lasagna. So I see this as an important project.
Today I have already made a loaf of bread for school lunches as well as cupcakes. Will be going to help my mum make chocolate chip cookies. So you could say today is my baking day. DS10 has done all the dishes, but I must go and wake the others up to get ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment